Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Time Ironman

I started up FirstTimeIronman.com about two weeks ago dedicated to telling the stories of triathlete’s first Ironman and 70.3 experiences.
Before I completed IMWA, I would search the internet to read people’s blogs who have completed an ironman so I could learn as much as I could from their races (things like don’t eat KFC the night before – poor bloke).  I thought it would be great to start up a website that focuses on this. 
After registering the domain name and got a cheap hosting package, I got cold feet with the whole idea. I thought I have only invested $150 into the site, I haven’t lost much, I have a lot on my plat currently. Until I was working one night and I was board shitless and thought I would chuck my story and pro triathlete Guy Crawford’s blog about his first Ironman (I asked him a couple of months ago) on the site, hit live and see how I would go. I sent the word out on Twitter and Facebook and within a week, I was getting a good volume of traffic on the site.
Due to the interest from the amount of age groupers and a number of pros, I am getting the site built by the good team at Itag Media (they do good work, they built two websites for me and both look awesome) I hope to be running a few different features off the site that should make it a little more unique.
So time to plug the site: you should all have a look at the site www.firsttimeironman.com and follow the updates on Twitter @firstironman and let me know what you think and if you can come up with any suggestions to help improve the site please send me an email timothy@valianttasmania.com

No comments:

Post a Comment