Monday, August 22, 2011

No Frills Training Week

Last week’s training was a little bit more respectable then the week prior. I trained a few times with Luke who always seems to bring out the best in my training. I hope one day to talk Luke into triathlons cause I recon he would kick arse at it.
My weight loss side of things was going along like a steam train having lost another 2kg by Thursday then it derailed quick smart and in a hurry. I have been watching the calories so closely that by Thursday night I just couldn’t take it any longer. I began to eat like a diamond and didn’t stop till Sunday I ate us out of house and home.  I put back on one of the kg I lost but boy it felt good to eat crap again for a few days.
The big ride for the week was suppose to be 160km but I thought I would be a  bit of a girl and cut it short (some of the unexpected hills took the wind out of my sail) so the ride was actually 130km with a brick session on at the end.  No matter what anyone tells me about brick sessions, I really don’t enjoy them that much.
I went and had a massage for the first time in about five months and man was it great.  The lady told me that my gluts are extremely tight (probably the reason I run like I have a stick up my rear end) I am going back next week for her to rip into them again.
Training for the week included 13 hours
Swim: 3 swim sets (should have been four but spend time with the kids)
Bike: 3 rides
Run: 4 with one a hill session and the other a brick session
Gym: 2 full body sessions
Yoga: None, I went for a quick swim instead
Renee took this photo of me stretching before killing White Hills…. Ok White Hills almost killed me

Saw this security sign in Birralee and thought that someone took the time to actually paint such a crap sign…. I bet they thought it would work as well (I couldn't see any CCTV, I thought if the cameras were as good as the sign then it most likely wouldn't be working anyway)

I like to spend my Saturday nights at the car wash cleaning my bike….. “this guy has an awesome life” you are telling yourself…. A little sad I know


No comments:

Post a Comment