Saturday, August 27, 2011

Test Week

This week is a bit of a hard week to write about. Nothing exciting happened. I trained alone and it was test week.  I set up a time trial for 1km swim, 15km ride and a 5km run just to check where my fitness is at (it appears my fitness is still hiding).  My plan is to do the same time trials every month and with a little bit of luck I can see an improvement each month.
My swimming is going better than I thought it would be, I no longer swimming like a brick….. it is more like a paver now (still poor but progressing) Bike is awesome over shorter rides but I need a lot of work once clicking over 100km and running is still short distance as I am still getting my shins right.
I have had my head stuck in books of late with reading "Swim Workouts for Triathletes", Joe Friel’s “Your Best Triathlon” and now just started Joe’s other book “The Triathlete’s Training Bible”. Each book is great and I highly recommend them to anyone.  With the help from these books and Richard Whitefield, I have put together a training program for the 14 week build up to ironman Western Australia that is on Sunday 4th December.
My weight loss is stagnate, nothing has changed unfortunately. It has been harder than I thought trying to get back onto counting calories again. Chocolate has it in for me. 
This week’s training was 10 hours
Swim: 3 sessions
Bike: 3 rides
Run: 3 with one being a hill intervals
RPM: 1
Yoga: 1
Gym: 1 (Poor efforts)
Weight: 85kg

Just got my new 2XU compressions in the mail and about to test them running up and down David Street. It really isn't that much fun David's street. - Killer

Pulling a stupid face after my Bike Time Trial,  I thought I would risk looking like a tool (well more than normal) and take my aerodynamic helmet out….. (the face doesn't help matters I know)

After the Time Trial. I thought I would take this photo not to show you my bike but to give my security company a plug…. In every photo this week you will see my Valiant Security logo in it somewhere…. Get onto it people. http://www.valianttasmania.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment