Sunday, August 14, 2011

I come armed with excuses

Another big week killed my training. Worked over 70 hours again (the joys of owning your own business).

I have just switched to a 24 hour gym.  It was a hard as the owner of the gym I have been going to has been good to me but unfortunately I can’t go and workout at midnight. The reasons for joing a 24 hour gym is 1) It is open 24 hours, 2) It is located on the bottom of a killer hill so once a week after killing a small part of my legs in the gym, I can run up and down David Street. My mate does it and he told me that it is more a mental thing then physical pain but when I did it last Thursday my legs were killing me (the same pains as if I was running the last 5km for a marathon)

I have really been watching what I have been sticking into my mouth. Thanks to Scott’s blog on Calorie Counting. Calorie Kings tells me I should be eating1850 calories a day (I normally have this amount for lunch) I have been doing my best to keep it around this 2000 per day. You would think it would get easier as each day rolls on but it is bloody hard.  I have always eaten what I like and I am famous for the amount of food I eat.  I have this joke that I eat for ten men but it wouldn’t be that far off it. 

I have always trained to keep my weight off and the moment I slow down or stop, I start to look like the side of a bus. To give you an example, I stopped doing…. Well everything but work in 2001 and I went from 82kg to 100kg in no time at all. I lost that and just a few years back I stopped cycling for ITB pains and I went up to 95kg. I stayed at 95kg for a couple of years and two months before IMWA last year I lost a 10kg. after IMWA I jumped up to 90kg and just in the last two months I have gone back down to 85kg.  I would like to shed another 5 to 10kg before December (wishful thinking)

What little training I did do was defiantly enjoyable. I trained for 6.5 hours.

Swim: 3 sessions
Bike: 1 (yup I know, very poor)
Run: 4 runs
Yoga: 0
Gym: 1 lower body session
Body weight: 85kg (17% body fat…… I am a big fatso whale)


We had some rain early in the week. This is some farmer’s entry. I had to turn around shortly as the road was also under water.

No comments:

Post a Comment